Animal Care Internships in San Diego County
Lions Tigers & Bears is a NO BREED, NO KILL, NO CONTACT non-profit exotic animal rescue sanctuary and educational facility in San Diego County, California. We are dedicated to providing a safe haven to abused and abandoned exotic animals, while inspiring an educational forum to end the exotic animal trade. We offer several internships tailored to the educational and career pursuits of actively enrolled college or university students.
Lions Tigers & Bears offers several internships on topics that include: animal care, animal behavior, education, legislative policy, communications, videography, graphic design, architecture, and horticulture. An internship at Lions Tigers & Bears will provide you with real-world experience to further your future career goals and obtain course credits, as well as promote advocacy and awareness of the abuses of exotic animals. A limited amount of on-site housing is available for interns in need of a place to stay during their internship assignment.
Lions Tigers & Bears Internship Requirements
- Must be a current student pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
- Internship focus must be relevant to the student's educational and career path.
- A minimum three month commitment, in which interns will gain experience on the inner workings of an accredited non-profit exotic animal sanctuary.
- Interns are required to complete a project that corresponds with their educational and/or career goals.
- Projects will be relevant to the student's internship focus.
- All interns must be able to arrange school credit.
- Applicants interested in pursuing an internship at Lions Tigers & Bears can email [email protected]