24402 Martin Way
Alpine, CA 91901Lions Tigers & Bears takes precautionary measures to protect donor privacy and any personally identifiable information collected as part of the donation process. For online donations, made via www.www.lionstigersandbears.org, the organization utilizes an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), as a standard security protocol to establish encrypted links between the web server and browser during this online communication. The usage of such SSL technology ensures that all data transmitted between the web server and browser remains encrypted. In addition, Lions Tigers & Bears holds high standards of care towards any databases that may contain donors personally identifiable information. Access to such databases are restricted to select and vetted members employed by the organization. Lions Tigers & Bears adheres to the Donors' Bill of Rights of the Association of Fundraising Professionalsand therefore, does not share information about donors and/or their donations with any organization or business.
THE DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for other purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with the confidentiality to the extent of the law.
- To expect that all relationships with the individual's representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt truthful and forthright answers.
Lions Tigers & Bears Privacy Statement
Our Core Beliefs Regarding User Privacy And Data Protection
- User privacy and data protection are a necessity and our duty
- We have the duty of protecting personal data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or distribute your personal data
- We will not make your personal information public without your consent. Your personal information (name) will be made public only if you wish to make a comment or review on the website.
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
What Personal Information We Collect and Why
Here we describe what information is collected and reasons for collecting it. The categories of information collected are as follows:
- Reviews and CommentsShould you choose to add a comment or review on our site, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website's database, along with your computer's IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third-party data processors detailed below. Only your name and email address that you supplied will be shown on the public-facing website.Your comments and the associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to eitherNOTE: You should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field of any blog post comments that you submit on this website.
- Forms and Email Newsletter Submissions on The WebsiteIf you choose to subscribe to our email newsletter or submit a form on our website, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to a third-party marketing platform service company. Your email address will remain within their database for as long as we continue to use the third-party marketing company’s services for the sole purpose of email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list.You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.Listed below are the pieces of information that we may collect as part of servicing requests on our website:
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share limited amount of data with listed Third-Party data processors only towards servicing your requests or improving our offering.
- Postal Code
- IP Address
- Email LinksWe only receive an email when a user mails us using an email link. There are no third-party data processors or intermediaries involved.
The data is collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
- Revenue Recovery EmailsAs part of Revenue Recovery model, we work with re-marketing service companies to send notification messages if you have abandoned your cart without making a purchase. This is for the sole purpose of reminding customers to complete the purchase if they’d wish to. The re-marketing service companies do a real-time capture of your email ID and cookies to send an email invite to complete the transaction if the customer abandons the cart. However, the email ID of the customer is deleted from their database as soon as the purchase is complete.
- “Do Not Sell My Data” - Why we don’t have itWe do not sell personal information of our customers or of minors below the age of 16 years to third-party data collectors and hence the “Do not sell my data” opt-out button is optional on our website. Reiterating, we may collect your data for the sole purpose of completing a service request or for marketing communications. If you wish to access or erase your personal information, you can do so by submitting your details here.
- Important Notice for Minors Sharing Personal InformationIf you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before:
- Submitting a form
- Posting a comment on our blog
- Subscribing to our offer
- Subscribing to our email newsletter
- Making a Transaction
- Accessing/Deleting Personal InformationShould you wish to view or delete your personal information, please email us here with the email address used, your name and deletion request. Alternatively, you can fill out the form at the bottom of this page to view and/or delete your data stored with us
Third Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section above. If you request for your Personal information to be deleted with us, the request will also be forwarded to the parties below:
- Essential Cookies and Similar TechnologiesThese are vital for the running of our services on our websites and apps. Without the use of these cookies parts of our websites would not function. For example, session cookies allows a navigation experience that is consistent and optimal to user's network speed and choice of device.
- Analytics Cookies and Similar TechnologiesThese collect information about your use of our websites and apps and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, analytics cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages. They also help identify any difficulties you have accessing our services, so we can fix any problems. Additionally, these cookies allow us to see overall patterns of usage at an aggregated level.
- Tracking, Advertising Cookies and Similar TechnologiesWe use these types of technologies to provide advertisements that are more relevant to your interests. This can be done by delivering online adverts based on your previous web browsing activity. Cookies are placed on your browser which will store details of websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites that use the same advertising networks.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website's database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.